International Day Of Happiness - March 20
This Sunday March 20 is the International Day of Happiness. It is an official UN day founded in 2012, that recognises the relevance of happiness and well-being as universal goals and aspirations in the lives of human beings around the world.
The International Day of Happiness has received support from Google, Pharrell, UN Foundation, Richard Branson, Jay-Z, Beyoncé, Ed Sheeran, Cody Simpson, Gwen Stefani, Gretchen Rubin, Jeffrey Sachs, Live Happy and the Action for Happiness.
Don’t wait for Sunday. Take some actions to increase your levels of happiness. Try some of the following tips at work:
- Tell 3 colleagues what you appreciate about them
- On your journey to work, give up your seat, or be a generous driver
- Mindfully drink your coffee or tea; take the time to really notice and enjoy it
- Write down 3 good things that happened today at work
- Encourage you team / colleagues to create their own happiness
Remember, happiness is sustainable and we have all the resources we need for happiness inside of us. The smallest actions can have a significant impact for you and for others.
If you still need some inspiration then watch Pharrell Williams - Happy Video Click here